I’m so thrilled to showcase some of the talented people behind the scenes of the book world. Hopefully, you’ll meet some new-to-you bloggers, authors, artists, photographers, editors, models, and more!
Today I’m talking with Sarah Sentz of Musings of the Modern Belle! I first found Sarah on Instagram, and I look forward to her new release & most anticipated lists every week! Read on for more about her fabulous blog! <3
1. Please state your name(s), your blog, and how long you’ve been doin’ the damn thing.
Sarah Sentz – Musings of the Modern Belle – 2 years
2. What’s the focus of your blog? Do you just want peace and sprinkles and to make the world happy with your reviews? Do you want to day drink and post all the twenty thousand new releases? Tell me (and the three people reading this) what you’re all about and what makes your blog stand out.
My thing is a literary take on contemporary romance. My reviews tend to be objective and focus on development and pacing (which sounds super boring). I like reading different genre, tropes, authors, and I love making teasers, bookstagram pics, and gif teasers. I also run a reader group, which is fun.
3. Do you have genres you prefer to read and promote, or are you one of those if-it-catches-my-eye-I-wants-it blogs?
If it catches my eye, I will blog about it, but I prefer dark romances or alpha heroes and strong heroines. I will try anything once, though, and if I like the writing or the trope, I’ll continue to read it.
4. We all know blogging can be a thankless job…err, hobby, rather. The long hours, the no pay, the rude people you want to shove off a bridge… Tell me one example of something that’s made all the hard work worth it.
Having a reader talk about my blog or an author/book they found through me, creating relationships with readers and authors, and it is always nice to get recognized by authors for your efforts, whether collectively or individually.
5. What can an author do to make your life 1.2 million times easier? Or better? Easier and better? And don’t say give you money, remember, most of us don’t have any.
I have no idea how to answer this. Authors don’t really make my life difficult. I think just being grateful, which doesn’t make my life easier, but it makes the effort and time worth it.
6. If someone put a knife to your throat (~CUE DRAMATIC MUSIC~) and forced you to tell them your favorite read this year and five words that describe it, what would you say? Remember, this is life or death here. Don’t fuck it up.
Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan – emotional and heartbreaking love story that exposes flaws of society (more than 5 but I’m a rule breaker. I’m really not)
7. If you were to be stuck on a…well, not an island, because where do you bathe, and not an elevator because that’s just too claustrophobic for me… Okay, let’s say a high-class, luxury apartment. Yeah, that’s better. If you had to be stuck in some deserted, high-class, luxury apartment, what book boyfriend or girlfriend would be the one serving you grapes and why?
Reese Carroll. He is my number one. He takes care of a woman in all ways that matter.
(Reese Carroll is from the Sweet Addiction series by J. Daniels)
8. So, speaking as a fellow lowly starving artist, I’m always looking for books and authors that also need a bit more SHOUTING OUT, DAMMIT. What book(s)/author(s) do you wish more people would get the hell behind? (Feel free to include a link to your review.)
Ace Gray would be my top pick. She writes darker books, but they are phenomenal.
Dylan Allen would be another top pick (I have two. See? Rule breaker). Her books address topics that are sometimes hard for people, but her writing is impeccable.
9. Since you stated on your questionnaire that you at least tolerate me (thank you!), I’d love to know which of my books you tolerated the mostestest. Feel free to use more than five words for this one. 😉
I think my favorite is Licked, but I tend to have a soft spot for books that introduced me to authors. I just adore these ladies and their friendship. Also, they are fun and sexy, and these books give me the best escape.
My absolute FAVORITE is the ACED books (Preslocke Series co-written with Ella Frank). OMG! I freaking adore these characters and their journey together. It is sexy and shows real, true love! UTTER PERFECTION!
10. How can we all stalk your ass? (Aka LIST YO LINKS.)
· Favorite Disney Princess?
· You see your ex at a party. Quick, what shots do you down?
The first one available (I don’t know shots)
· Nsync or Backstreet Boys (there’s only one right answer on this one.)
Backstreet Boys (was that right?)
Brooke: NO! NOT RIGHT!
· What is the best type of cheese?
· Favorite bingeworthy show we should all be watching?
13 Reasons Why
· Of all the fictional worlds, where would you most like to live?
King Series World – T.M. Frazier
· What’s the most annoying habit other people have?
Inability to adapt to new techniques in the work place.
· What job would you be terrible at?
Anything in the service industry.
· You’ve started a cult. ~gasp~ What kind is it?
It would be a place where book boyfriends were made into real people and all the bookworms live together in harmony.
Thank you so much for letting me feature you on Brooke’s Blog Showcase, Sarah! I adore you, and I appreciate you and your support so much.
Speaking of support, go give these Sarah’s blog allllll the love by checking out her links! (Refer back to question #10, spank you, come again.)
The pics below are courtesy of Sarah Sentz!